My Type of Tarzan

I have loved Walt Disney's Tarzan mainly because of the songs by Phil Collins.  Now, I love it more because of Viva Atlantis Theatricals' staging.

Broadway actor Dan Domenech played the role of Tarzan and Filipino pop singer-actress Rachelle Ann Go as Jane Porter.



It really is different when the characters are the ones singing the songs. And since this is live theater it is much real and heartfelt.  Ima Castro's portrayal of Kala showed me how better it really is.

The young Tarzan and young Terk are so adorable.  Although, young Tarzan was a little bit losing his voice, but nonetheless, I liked his singing voice.

Of course, I will not deny that having a good looking guy wearing only a loin cloth excites me, and I'm a fan of Dan's body type.  Yeeee! (Yes, just like how most girls shriek whenever Taylor Lautner takes off his shirt in Twilight.)  Don't get me wrong, he really has a good singing voice, but I just have to put emphasis on how good he looks, because he does.  There's no denying that.

It seemed to me that the stage was so big for everyone.  I'm not sure if it really is, or it had that effect on me because the apron (of the stage) was not that occupied.

Oooohhh! I appreciate live music sooo much!  So, when I heard the musicians warming up their instruments, I got more excited!

Too bad they didn't go out for meet and greet, because, yes, I would not miss that chance to have a picture with Dan.  Oh, well.. Next time! Ha!

It really is refreshing to have seen another musical for quite some time now.  This is a good way to springboard this theater season and to prepare me in enjoying the upcoming stagings of untried, untested, unstaged plays.. *wink*

I enjoyed this musical play a lot, (yes, aside from the hoity-toity).  So, if you want to have a good time at the theater, don't miss "Tarzan" as he swings by..

The Viva Atlantis Theatricals production of Disney’s Tarzan runs at the Meralco Theater until June 29, 2013. Tickets on sale now!

Contact Details:
For tickets call VIVA Atlantis Theatricals at (63 2) 687-5853 loc 661 / 673 or (63 2) 892-7078 or Ticketworld at (63 2) 891-9999

Date and Time Watched: June 22, 8:00 PM  
Best Part: Having an almost naked man on stage; Seriously, the songs being sung by the characters; 
Worst Part: The need for Tarzan to wear coat and pants.  Bwahahahahahaha! 

post signature

Laarni Lopez

Your oblivious but observing blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment