Enjoying Pineapple Beef Teriyaki

This jagged Barn cooks!



At the beginning of the year, I have tried preparing meals ahead and freezing them, then reheating in the microwave at the office for lunch.

I have tried a number of recipes from Once a Month Meals and I love that they specifically have instructions for plans of freezing the food.  It gives me much confidence that I'm doing it right and that I won't spoil the food or it won't turn out bad after heating it in the microwave.

I would cook different meals every weekend that would be good for 7 to 8 servings.  Since there are only 5 working days in a week, the rest would carry over on the succeeding week, but then I would have a new batch in Monday.  Once I have a good 5 serving excess, there would be no need for me to cook during the weekend prior.  I usually schedule that free weekend during the first Sunday of the month since we are at the church almost the whole day because it's Communion Sunday.  Thank God for the refrigerator at the office with a good freezer and that we can leave the food there over the weekend!  And of course, thank God for the microwave!

Here are some of the recipes I have tried:

  • Asparagus Salmon Bowl
  • Tuna and White Bean Pita
  • Chicken Margherita
For the complete list and updates, follow my Pinterest Board here.

However, my most favorite, is the Pineapple Beef Teriyaki!


A post shared by TheJaggedBarn (@thejaggedbarn) on


Here's the instructions from Once a Month Meals:

Ingredients

  • 20 ounces Chunks Pineapple, Canned
  • 1 ¼ cups dice Onion, Red
  • 1 ½ cups dice Broccoli
  • 2 ½ pounds Stew Beef
  • ¾ cups Teriyaki Sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Ginger, Ground
  • 1 cup slice Bell Pepper, Green
  • 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
  • Freeze For LaterCOOKING DIRECTIONS

    These directions help you cook or prepare this meal PRIOR to being frozen for serving later (see Serving Day Directions when you are ready to prepare it to eat).
    1. Combine all ingredients into slow cooker.
    2. Cook on low in slow cooker for 7 hours.

    Make From FrozenSERVING DAY DIRECTIONS

    These directions help you cook or reheat this meal AFTER it's been frozen for when you are ready to eat it.
    1. Reheat in microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Super easy, right?  Since we didn't have a slow cooker, I used our old pressure cooker, adding the pineapple juice and water and cooked for about 2 hours.  I also made 12 servings by doubling the ingredients.

I tried not to choose this in my stock everyday.. Hahahahaha!  This really was a favorite and I would definitely cook this again.  I have actually stopped preparing freezer meals since April after a week long vacation (Noah's birthday and Holy Week), but I sure hope to get back on this soon and be able to cook this again!

What's your favorite recipe?  Have you tried freezer meals?  Any recommendations?  Let me know in your comments!


post signature

Laarni Lopez

Your oblivious but observing blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment