My Skincare Journey with COSRX [Part 1] Facial Wash

A friend and colleague of mine introduced me to the then 10-step Korean Skincare routine and educated me how and where to buy these much coveted skincare products from Korea and that was back in 2016 or 2017.  And we all know how long ago those years seem to be.  I instantly fell in love with the COSRX Brand and they didn't sponsor this post (although #bekenemen), this is my honest and personal experience.  Although, I may be able to add a little into Noah's college fund in case you would make a purchase through the links at no cost to you.  

Just like a lot of things, I was unable to keep the routine when COVID-19 hit.  And now that it's been a year and more, it's time to go back to taking care of God's gifts and one of them is my skin and face.  So, I hope you would join me in this journey as I restart my skin care journey once more.


As I mentioned, COSRX is a brand I have trusted long ago or at least when I started to follow the Korean Skin Care Routine, so, it's just apt that I would go back to using their products.  Actually, I didn't really stop.  I just abandoned the whole 10-step routine but was at the very least washing my face.  And yes, it's with the most popular product of COSRX, the COSRX Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser.  

Just a disclaimer, I'm not a dermatologist and I think I have oily-combination skin, because my T-Zone gets to be really oily while the cheeks area closer to my jaw line gets to be really dry and rough.  What may work with me may not necessarily work with you and it's really best to seek professional advice in case you experience irritations or anything outside the ordinary.  

With that out of the way, the first step in my skin care routine is to wash your face.  This step at the least I tried to maintain ever since.  I'm not sure if I actually tried other Korean facial cleanser, but of course this is not the only one I've used in my entire existence.  I also remember wanting to try other facial cleansers from Korea, but I don't remember actually being able to do so because I was really satisfied with the COSRX Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser.  I'm not sure if I would try now, maybe if it's sponsored *wink*.

Before I go into the specifics of why I adore this product, just some pointers in washing your face that I think really helped a lot in cleaning my face.  This is not required for the COSRX cleanser to be effective, but I just find these extra steps really helpful.  HACK ALERT!

1. Wash Your Face for 60 Seconds

I have learned this through watching YouTube videos on Skin Care Routines, unfortunately, I no longer remember from which channel.  I seldom watch anymore, but maybe I will again to be updated and if there's a new product I wanted to know how to use.  

So, in washing your face, after you lather the product in your hands, you gently scrub your face for a whole minute.  I'm a little OCD and I would really actually count the seconds while I'm cleaning my face.  What I would do is spend the first 30 seconds in the most problematic area and the rest of the minute would be for the rest of my face and add a couple more seconds for the neck.  I can't afford having a timer or manage to have my phone get wet, so, I just count.  It's just sixty seconds anyway.  

2. Rinse Your Face 50 Times

This one I got from the Philippine's queen of talk, Ms. Kris Aquino.  Okay, fifty looks daunting, but what she meant here is the number of times you splash your face with clean running water.  So, again, counting.  I don't rub my face anymore at this stage, I just splash just like how they do in TVCs 50 times with clean running water.  

Ms. Kris actually refers to it as 100 times because it's 50 in the morning and 50 at night.  Just look at her skin, I will never doubt that.  

3.  Pat Dry with Clean Towels

This may not be something new.  So, again, no rubbing, just pat your face dry.  I mentioned I have a little OCD, so, I wanted to make sure that the towel I use on my face is really clean and I would have doubts unless I know it just came out of the dryer.  So, to calm myself, I used kitchen towels because it fits my face and it doesn't break from all the water after those 50 splashes.  Sorry, trees, I tried to use the recycled ones.  Although, now I trust my towels a little bit more.


Back to the..

COSRX Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser



As I mentioned, I think I have oily-combination skin based on the online tests I have tried and of course based on my actual experience and feel.  And it has been advised that if you have oily skin  the best cleanser is a gel cleanser.  I think this is the fact that draw me to the COSRX Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser.  I searched for "gel cleanser" and it popped up, aside from of course being very popular.  Also, another reason why I don't dare change cleansers because I'm not to familiar with other gel cleansers out there.  I'm sure this is the one and only gel cleanser I have used.  

It's clear and you only need to use a small amount it will already lather.  At first I wasn't a fan of the smell, but I got used to it and there are others who really love it.  I now actually appreciate the smell.

I know it says "Good Morning" but I would also use this as my facial wash at night.  Actually, I wash my face mostly at night, there are times that I don't wash my face in the morning when I wake up.  I'm trying to get into the rhythm of washing my face during my lunch break.  I work from home and I don't have a solid morning routine yet, plus I get a feeling that I just cleaned my face, so, maybe it will be better if there's at least a 12-hour gap between the time I washed my face last night and the next day.  But, that's just me.  All, I'm saying is, using this very good cleanser should not limit you from only using it in the morning.  

This is also not limited for those with oily skin.  It's actually recommended as well for those with sensitive and dry skin because of its amazing properties.   Because of its low pH formula the natural oils of your skin will be intact and its cleansing botanical composition and mild acids will cleanse your skin but still keep it supple, refreshed and glowing.  

I don't put make up as much now because of just being at home, but I would also use this cleanser to remove make up as well and it's still very effective.

If you are looking for a facial wash that you can trust that will do the job or you just want to refresh your skin care routine, try the COSRX Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser.  I highly recommend it and I've been trusting this brand for years.  Access to COSRX products are now a lot more easier than before when we needed to but them from online Korean stores that ship to the Philippines, now it's very much available in Lazada and you can trust that it's 100% legit!



And with that...


We are just in the first step in my skin care journey.  For now, the goal is just to get beck into the routine and clear away the pimples (or is it already acne) that I have acquired  the past year or so from wearing masks and being demotivated to continue the process.  The next steps would be about the serums, liquids, essences, toner, etc. that I'm using.  I don't think it would reach 10 steps like before because let's be realistic and I don't want to get too overwhelmed while I'm just starting (again) to be back into the habit.  Like and follow the Facebook Page to be updated once I've posted something new!

I hope you will join me in my skincare journey and I hope your learned something new in this post.  To God be the Glory!  Thank you for spending time here in my blog!

How about you? Let me know in the comments, or Messenger, your favorite facial wash or facial cleansers and why you love it!  Have a great day!  God bless you!


Laarni Lopez

Your oblivious but observing blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment