PETA Ends 46th Theater Season With A Very High Note: "Rak of Aegis"



The first month of 2014 is already up and the theater season is about to end.  However, there are a couple of things I'm looking forward to before it ends, and one of them is Philippine Educational Theater Association's (PETA) staging of "Rak of Aegis"!

Sounds familiar?  Yes, I love that PETA continues to stage original Filipino musicals instead of restaging foreign musicals.  It's inspiring and innovative and makes you more proud of Philippine Theater.  It is such an indication that the industry is alive and thriving.

And who is not familiar with the Filipino band, Aegis?  They brought us Pinoy Rock classics such as "Luha", "Halik" and "Basang Basa sa Ulan".  That's why when I first heard about this, I was so excited.  And now, here it is within our grasp!

I'm also excited to see Aicelle Santos back on the stage.  As I have first seen her in "Katy" and I was so enthralled by her potential in pursuing a career in musical theater, it is nice to see her perform again!  And with nonetheless Seña couple and my Stella Adler partner in crime, Joan Bugcat!  (I'm sooo proud of you, gurl!)

Too bad I was still under the weather during the Press Launch, but I sure would not miss this!  You shouldn't too!  Looking for "wicked" Filipino vocals and performing talent?  Head over to PETA during these dates and times:

January 31 to March 9, 2014 at The PETA Theater Center located at No.5 Eymard Drive, New Manila, Quezon City. Shows are Fridays-Sundays, Friday and Saturday shows at 3:00 PM and 8:00 PM and Sundays at 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM, except Feb 23 with shows at 10:00 AM and 8:00 PM and Mar 2 at 3:00 PM and 8:00 PM.

Tickets are now available via www.ticketworld.com.ph, 891-9999. For more information contact PETA at 725-6244 or 0917-5765400, petatheater@gmail.com or visit www.petatheater.com.

Ciao for now!

post signature

Laarni Lopez

Your oblivious but observing blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment