The Rest of Cinemalaya 2010

I guess in the next couple of posts I would be ranting about how late the post I'm currently writing is.  I guess, I apologize if I simply want to let go of these topics and still write about them despite the delay.

So, here's the rest of my thoughts about the rest of the Cinemalaya Competition pieces that I wasn't able to mention in the past post.




Sad stuff first.. Shorts B.  We were unable to see this.  :(  Haaay.. Sad.  Very sad. Oh, well.. Moving on.

Sampaguita by Francis Xavier E. Pasion is a documentary that I would be able to watch.  It may be difficult for people to watch a documentary, but this one is something that they would be able to go through and appreciate.

Si Techie, Si Teknoboy at Si Juana B. by Arthur Katipunan was I think able to get its message across.  However, I really did not like how Mercedes Cabral as Techie reacted when Christian Vasquez as Jay found out her secret.  I don't think that's how you say sorry to someone you really love.

The Leaving by Ian Dean Lorenos will be highly appreciated if you would be viewing it alone or with a majority of intelligent people.  It was too hard for me to ignore stupid comments and questions when everybody was supposed to know the answer already.  It's a horror movie, or is trying to be.  Unfortunately, I was too busy being pissed of by some people's ignorance to really appreciate the film or at least get scared or at least be surprised. 

Vox Populi by Dennis Marasigan is okay.  Nothing special, nothing terrible.  It's okay for me.  I still adore Irma Adlawan.  It didn't lull me to sleep, but I was anticipating for something weird or special to happen.  I'm not sure if it was my nature or the film lead me on.

Ang Paglilitis ni Andres Bonifacio by Mario O'hara was fun.  Simply because of the choice of cast.  It was like Virgin Labfest all over again.  Then, I found out that it was supposed to be a play, which made me go, "Ahhh.. That's why.."  But I also think that the magic of the story would shine more in film than on the stage.

Pink Halo-Halo by Joselito Altarejos is another okay film.  Actually, come to think about it, I liked it more than okay.  The only thing that's holding me back and turned me off, was the father's VTR.  It wanted to make me laugh!  It was so unrealistic.  However, the reactions to it by the other members of the cast was very natural and real.

Two Funerals by Gil Portes is my most favorite in this batch.  I loved everything about it.  The story, the casts' acting, the script.. everything!  I had so much fun watching it.  Although there was a moment, I'm not sure if it was just my imagination, during the first few scenes, Gerry (Xian Lim) was smiling instead of grieving.  I did not expect him to cry and brawl, but it was weird moment for him to smile.  But I was able to forgive him because of Tessie Tomas and Jeffrey Quizon.  I hope those who watched the movies during the festival did not let this one pass.

I can't wait for next year's batch, I believe the movies would be better.  I hope the price of the festival pass would stay the same or become cheaper. Ãœ but most of all, I hope I would be able to watch all the competition pieces.  Haaay..



post signature
give me 5! :) Share

Laarni Lopez

Your oblivious but observing blogger.

2 comments:

  1. Ang Paglilitis ni Andres Bonifacio sounded like fun to watch. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep! i hope you'd get to catch it some time.. :)

    ReplyDelete