A Jagged Book Review: Nalini Singh's Slave to Sensation

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Publisher: Berkley

Publishing Date: September 2006


If you are looking for a hot and steamy out of this world romantic novel, you may want to consider Nalini Singh's Slave to Sensation.  The first book in her Psy-Changeling Series.




I have read about this book in other book blogs and the reviews were great.  And the curious me would like to know what it's all about.  Also, I'm in an addicted-to-book-series streak since last year as you may know in a previous post.

I have listed this as one of a dozen other books under my Christmas wish list last year in one of our exchange gifts in the office.  I still wanted the gift to be a surprise, that's even if there's a wish list, I wanted to give the one who picked my name more options and the element of surprise would not be lost.

So, when I opened the gift, I got this!

I'm not really a fan of paranormal and science fictions, but, pleasantly surprising enough, I enjoyed this book.  Nalini Singh clearly painted the picture of an alternate universe for me where the world is divided by their race and extraordinary powers playing with the mind and the emotions or the lack of it.

In a Romeo and Juliet set-up, you will get to know Lucas Hunter and Sascha Duncan, their lives being worlds apart and supposed qualities are more opposite than ever, but nonetheless, their paths crossed and they meet even before they laid eyes on each other.  You would not be able to wait to turn the page and see what would happen next to this star-crossed lovers, the decisions that they would need to make and how they would test as to how much love conquers all.

This 334 paged paperback novel would take you to a different world and is a great start for the Psy-Changeling series.  Don't worry that it would be too much of a cliff-hanger, because it's not.  You can make your conclusions already.  However, if you would be thirsting for more, there's a sneak peek on the next book in the series, Visions of Heat.

Like I said, I'm not exactly a fan of this genre, but it was a good thing that I gave it a try because I did have a good time.  I may not buy the next book in the series, but if I would again get the next book in the series in the Christmas exchange gift this year, I would definitely not mind at all.

Are you a fan of paranormal fiction?  What's your favorite so far?
Are you following a series of books right now?  What is it?
What's your latest read?  How was it?

Let me know the answers to these questions in the comments!  I would love to hear from you and get an idea on the next book to read! 


post signature

Laarni Lopez

Your oblivious but observing blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment