versions: if i were a boy duet

Beyonce's "If I were a Boy" has been my favorite for some time.  And I find it cute that there was a male version incorporated in the song fit for duets.

The Philippines have many talented artists and we are great in covering songs.  It's not that we don't have great original songs, we just show that we can also do what international artists can.

I am a fan of Sarah Geronimo and I have just recently discovered that Rayver Cruz is such a talented guy who can sing and dance very well.  Here's their version of the song from YouTube. This was originally aired in ABSCBN's ASAP '09 Sunday noon time show.



I like this version because of the lyrics and it showed Rayver's ability to sing.

I'm not really surprised that their counterpart, GMA's SOP, did a little something like this.  Although, this one was aired just a few weeks ago.  And if I observed it correctly, their lyrics are different.  Here's Kyla and JR's verrsion.  As expected, this is more RnB-ish.



Which is better?  I'm not entirely sure.  I liked both.  Tell me what you think.  Ãœ


post signature

Laarni Lopez

Your oblivious but observing blogger.

2 comments:

  1. kyla and jay-r's rendition is good but i think i'd go for sarah and rayver's version --- better lyrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ros! yehey! you can post comments already!

    yeah, rayver and sarah had better lyrics.. and just for that i think i'm leaning towards their side more.

    ReplyDelete